The Ideal Protein diet has been around for over 20 years. And, according to many inspiring stories shared online, it’s a proven diet!
But is it adapted to your reality? And is it the best formula for you? Find all the answers to your questions in this article.
Ideal Protein: What is it?
The Ideal Protein diet is a ketogenic protocol designed by a doctor. In practical terms, the diet recommends high protein and low carbohydrate intake to help your body tap into its fat reserves and lose weight. This method is based on two key elements: access to prepared meals and the support of a certified technician (coach) for more than a year. The result? Long-lasting weight loss… But above all, it’s not complicated to set up.
Who is this diet for?
The Ideal Protein protocol is highly recommended for busy people who want to lose weight once and for all! The program allows you to stay motivated, in part because you don’t have to worry about preparing meals, especially at the beginning when you start following the protocol and you don’t yet see the results of your efforts. Another important success factor is the personalized follow-up by a certified technician! Yes, having someone to confide in and be accountable to increases commitment… And the chances of success!
How does it work?
The protocol begins with a meeting with your coach. Together, you define the objectives. It is this person who helps you stay motivated, who will answer all your questions along the way and who will advise you throughout the process. Then, it’s time to weigh yourself. Then it’s time to weigh yourself and move on to a healthier lifestyle!
Phase 1 > Reprogramming your body: weight loss
- Goal: Reactivate your body and burn fat! During this phase, your carbohydrate intake is limited, forcing your body to draw on your fat reserves to get the energy it needs.
- Duration of phase: Until you reach your weight goal or, if your counselor recommends that you move on to the next phase. How fast will you lose weight? Of course, it’s different for everyone, but if you follow your coach’s protocol and advice, you can lose up to 8 pounds (3.5 kg) per week at first (the first two weeks), then about 2 pounds (about 1 kg) per week after that.
- Nutrition: 3 meals prepared daily with Ideal Protein products, accompanied by dietary supplements (multivitamins, potassium, calcium, etc.) prescribed by your coach. If you are hungry during the day, you can eat raw vegetables and lettuce as much as you like.
- Coach intervention: Weekly follow-up
Phase 2 > Reprogramming your mind: stabilization and transition
- Goal: Create healthy habits for the future! Transition to “normal” foods and prepare to maintain your weight loss over the long term.
- Duration of phase: 28 days, divided into two phases of 14 days each.
- Nutrition: During the first 14 days, you will have 3 to 2 prepared meals a day and you will prepare the 3rd meal yourself. Then, for the next 14 days, you start to reintroduce carbohydrates in a more important way and you pass to 1 prepared meal per day. As in the first phase, you can always nibble raw vegetables and salad at will if you feel hungry.
- Coach intervention: Weekly follow-up
Phase 3 > Opening up to a world of possibilities: maintaining the ideal weight
- Goal: Maintain your ideal weight and enjoy your new life!
- Duration of phase: 1 full year
- Nutrition: You are now autonomous! Prepare your own meals by following simple guidelines, for example: limit the combination of fat and carbohydrates and eat a quantity of protein adapted to your body weight. And the best news is? That you can spoil yourself by cheating one day a week.
- Coach intervention: Continuous. The first month, a weekly follow-up is recommended. Then in the 2nd and 3rd months, the frequency of meetings with your technician decreases to once every 2 weeks and from the 4th month, to once a month.
Benefits and advantages of the Ideal Protein Plan
In addition to the obvious benefits of weight loss, the advantages of adopting the Ideal Protein diet are numerous:
- Feeling full
- Fat removal
- Maintenance of muscle mass
- No energy loss
- Acceleration of metabolism
- Food rehabilitation, resulting in sustainable results
Disadvantages and risks
Hydrating well: a necessity!
During the first phase of weight loss, you may experience a headache. But don’t panic! Drinking water is usually enough to alleviate this temporary discomfort.
Gently get your body moving again
Losing weight will surely make you want to get back in motion. And that’s a great idea! But be careful not to rush your body, especially during phase 1 of the protocol. Talk to your coach!
Adopt habits that suit you
Some people, especially those who are very busy, may find it difficult to take the time to continue to eat well when it comes to meal preparation… This is why the regular intervention of a coach who provides a multitude of tips such as recipes and tricks adapted to your lifestyle, allows you to stay motivated in the long run!
Ideal Protein: how much does it cost?
To adopt the Ideal Protein protocol, it is necessary to plan a budget for the accompaniment of the certified coach as well as a budget for the purchase of prepared meals and dietary supplements, for which it is necessary to count an average of $15 per day.
At EQlib, the first meeting with our technician costs $129 and the rest of the follow-up is included in the purchase of your meals. Don’t forget to consider that the budget allocated to meals and supplements will replace your usual grocery budget!
Ideal Protein products
Ideal Protein products have a high content of proteins of high biological value. This is what makes them have a high rate of assimilation. All prepared meals contain essential amino acids for the body and are accompanied by vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
You may wonder if you will only eat boiled broccoli and steamed chicken? Not with Ideal Protein prepared meals! Pancakes, omelets, macaroni and cheese, vegetarian chili, double chocolate brownies… There’s plenty of variety and you don’t feel like you’re “on a diet”.
Where to buy Ideal Protein?
To purchase Ideal Protein prepared meals and start your journey towards an ideal weight, you need to get to know a coach. At EQlib, our certified Tania technician will meet with you to discuss your goals and help you get started on the right foot. Investing in yourself is always a winning choice! Get to know Tania today.